Welcome to the Summer Vacation (13th) Edition of the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights. This carnival’s creator, Penelope Pince, the author of Pecuniarities, defines this carnival as “The Crème de la crème of the Personal Finance Blogosphere.”
Since the summer is my company’s Busy Season, I’ve been very jealous of all of those folks who are going on vacation in the next few weeks. I’m not going on vacation, but I’m happy to share some of the bright and shiny images that I’ve been daydreaming about with you.
Of the articles submitted, these were my favorite:
- VH from Funny about Money shared my favorite article: Work Is a Place…. So many people who work from home struggle with this. I think I’d probably just start saying “Sorry, I’m at work” repeatedly until people STFU. But then, I’m sort of a cranky broad sometimes.
- The Happy Rock from The Happy Rock presents Friends Matter: Friends Accept Us The Way We Are, But…. I have to say, I absolutely agree with this assessment.
- PT Money from Prime Time Money walks you through Opening a Roth IRA for the First Time.
- Peter Anderson from Bible Money Matters lists 7 Things You Can’t Do If You Want To Stay Out Of Debt.
General Personal Finance:
- BSimple from Simplified Financial Lifestyle asks Have you pruned your finances lately??
- The Smarter Wallet shares how to Control Household Debt With 5 Smart Saving Strategies and Budgeting Ideas.
- J. Money from Budgets are Sexy asks Rate Chasing 101: Do you have the personality for it?.
- FMF from Free Money Finance askss Are You Tempted to Spend MORE When Money’s Tight?. Hmmm… food for thought…
- My Journey from My Journey to Millions presents Tax Mechanics of Intra Family Loans.
- CPF from Christian Finance presents Free Franklin Planner templates. I thought twice about putting this in the carnival, because it’s not really a great money article. But, it IS a great resource and I think that a lot of people could make use of it. So, here it is.
- Charlie from PayLessForFood.com gives suggestions on How to Eat Healthy, Lose Weight and Save Money at the Same Time. Think I’m going to have to start reading this blog regularly now too!
- Angela Vierling-Claassen from Car Free with Kids presents Making Choices: Frugality, the Environment, or Social Justice.
- Kelly from Almost Frugal tells us how she Cools Her House Frugally. AAAh… if only we didn’t live in the energy sucking heat and humidity of Georgia.
- Miss Thrifty from Miss Thrifty shares her ideas on How to get better at finding eBay bargains.
- Madison from My Dollar Plan shares this great article for new or upcoming college graduates: 10 Financial Tips for New Grads
- DR from DoughRoller helps us understand more about health insurance in Weighing Health Insurance Costs: Co-Insurance vs. Co-Pay vs. Deductible.
- Jeff Rose from Good Financial Cents presents Beneficary Options- What’s your legacy plan?.
- Patrick from Cash Money Life tells us How to Evaluate Online Brokers.
- Jim from Bargaineering presents Best Online Brokers
- Looking to improve your credit score? Silicon Valley Blogger from The Digerati Life gives some suggestions! How To Improve Your Credit Score: A 6 Step Plan.